What safety consideration should be considered when working with motors?
Always keep your work area clean and well lit. Adult-only zone: If you’re working in a home with children, beware—they are faster and sneakier than you suspect. All motors include small parts they can quickly get their hands on. Keep very young children away from the work area to prevent choking or other injuries.
What are the precautions that has to be considered while starting a DC shunt motor?
Before starting any work, turn off the power and check that the work can be conducted safely. Shut down the operation of your product and motor when any abnormality occurred. It might cause a fire, injury or electric shock. Do not pull or pinch lead wires while the power is on.
What should you always do before working on an electric motor?
- You should always keep your work area clean and well lit.
- All motors include many small parts; keep very young children away from your work area.
- Motors spin very fast; always wear safety goggles.
- Super Glue, provided with most of the kits, is “instant bonding”.
What safety precaution should be taken when starting an electric motor?
Motors spin very fast; always wear safety goggles. Super Glue, provided with most of the kits, is “instant bonding”. Point tube away from face and body. Do not squeeze while opening.
What three safety precautions must be observed when working around engines?
Safe work with engines
- Remove rings, metal watches, bracelets and any loose clothing before beginning work.
- Tie back long hair.
- Keep hands clear of all moving parts.
- Use extreme caution around engine fans, as these may strike you, fling objects, start unexpectedly, or catch dangling leads or strings.
Why is safety needed in an organization?
A safe and healthy workplace not only protects workers from injury and illness, it can also lower injury/illness costs, reduce absenteeism and turnover, increase productivity and quality, and raise employee morale. In other words, safety is good for business.
Which method of speed control of DC shunt motor is best?
There are so many methods for controlling the speed of a DC shunt motor but field rheostat control method is most reliable, economic and independent of load on the motor. This method is only applicable when we want speed which is higher than the normal speed of the motor.
What are the precautions to be taken in case of energy efficient motor applications?
When power is applied, the motor should start up quickly and run smoothly. If it doesn’t, visually check the mechanical assembly. If the motor vibrates excessively, turn off power to the motor using proper lockout procedures.
What precaution should be taken while using electricity?
1- Always use insulated tools while working.
- 2-Never use equipment with frayed cords, damaged insulation or broken plugs.
- 3-Know the wire code of your country.
- 4-Never use an aluminium or steel ladder if you are working on any receptacle at height in your home. …
- 5-Avoid water at all times when working with electricity.
What safety precaution should be taken when starting a large electric motor whose coupling is disconnected?
What safety precautions should be taken when starting a large electric motor whose coupling is disconnected? Place all tools away from coupling or pulley, and stand well to the side of the motor.
What precautions should be taken before using chemicals to clean a condenser?
What special precautions should be taken before using chemicals to clean a condenser? The chemicals should be handled according to the manufacturers directions.
What are three types of motor protection devices?
Types of motor protection device
- Overload protection.
- Short circuit protection.
- Over temperature protection.
- Under Voltage protection.
- Phase failure and reversal protection.